Thursday, October 26, 2006

Woe, woe, woe

Our civilization is in decay and we are left with little to do but await Odoacer to send our imperial seal to the east. Criminals and amoral grotesques lead our country to ruin and I don't even have a fiddle to play as the great city on the hill burns in the distance.

"Then I looked, and I heard an eagle crying with a loud voice as it flew directly overhead, "Woe, woe, woe to those who dwell on the earth..."

Would that it were so easy to believe that it will all truly be over soon.

"The end is near, stay positive!" says the fox, as the Mayan calendar draws to a close.

As pussies like Pelosi relinquish their courage in bullshit pledges to blunt their own swords, Grendle lurks in the darkness waiting to thrust good thanes and danes down his gullet.

When I was twenty years old, an old man said to me, "flee now; all is lost." At the time, I was content to stare, starry eyed and awe-struck at the hopelessness and decadence of it all, and now as I enter the long autumn of middle age, I am left with little besides rage at youth misspent and bags not packed...Had I had more presence of mind, I would have been a bit more Johnny-on-the-spot. Now I am invested and spawned...

Woe, woe, woe...woe to the land of the free. Woe to purple mountain majesties. Woe to fruitful plains.

Buy us back, Chirac...

10/26/06
New Orleans, LA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home